It's well known worldwide that the team at Finis are leaders in technical swimming equipment. Their paddle range is a key part of that. We thought we'd unpack just what these paddles can do for you.
This new kid on the block is a pure power paddle.
The Manta Paddles are designed to increase strength, stroke efficiency, and distance per stroke. Constructed with the same lightweight, durable, floating material as our Agility Paddles, these paddles are comfortable to wear and won't get lost underwater. The strapless design fits the natural contour of your hand and teaches you to apply even pressure throughout your pull. The curve of the paddle allows you to reach full extension while gently forcing your hand into the catch of your stroke. Vent holes allow for water to pass smoothly through the paddle, letting the swimmer maintain a good feel for the water.
- INCREASE STRENGTH Designed to build muscle and improve distance-per-stroke.
- STRAPLESS DESIGN No more fussing over uncomfortable or broken straps. The Manta Paddles provide a comfortable fit to the natural contour of the hand.
- LOW IMPACT Vent holes allow water to pass through the paddle, allowing the swimmer to maintain their feel for the water.
- FOUR FINGER SIZES While every paddle has the same diameter, size is based on the circumference of your middle finger. Please refer to the size chart.
- FLOATING MATERIAL Lightweight and durable Manta Paddles are made to float so you won't lose them.
The Agility Paddles are designed to provide swimmers with instant stroke feedback – even after just one lap! Now made in a new floating material that is great for all swimmers, from learn-to-swim to triathletes. The strapless design fits the natural contour of your hand and teaches you to apply positive pressure throughout your stroke. If you do not maintain a proper stroke, the paddle will let you know by shifting or falling off. This simple paddle will keep you conscious of your technique, build strength and heighten your feel for the water.
- LEARN HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR TECHNIQUE Designed to provide swimmers with instant stroke feedback, even after just one lap!
- STRAPLESS DESIGN Will shift or fall off without proper stroke technique, teaching you to apply positive pressure throughout your stroke
- LOW-IMPACT DESIGN Allows you to build muscle safely with a streamlined thumb hole for proper hand placement
- FLOATING MATERIAL Great for learn-to-swim programs and open water swimming so you won’t lose them
- VERSATILE TRAINING TOOL Helps train proper stroke technique for butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke and freestyle
Iso paddles are strapless paddles designed to isolate specific muscle groups, develop proper hand position and heighten stroke awareness. Iso paddles are uniquely designed to create an imbalance in the catch phase of a stroke, which forces swimmers to apply more pressure on either side of the paddle in order to maintain a proper stroke. The variance encourages swimmers to pay increased attention to hand position in the water, keeping it level and consistent throughout the catch and pull of each stroke.
- TRAINING PADDLE Intended for use on drills and stroke-specific practice; Provides instant feedback to hand position during swim stroke
- SELF-CORRECT TECHNIQUE Increases the ‘feel for the water’ and allows swimmers to make adjustments to improve stroke technique
- STRAPLESS DESIGN Ergonomic shape designed to fit the natural contour of the hand; Paddles will remain in place with proper stroke technique
- RECOMMENDED STROKE ISOLATIONS Versatile tool for all four swim strokes; Outside isolation improves backstroke and freestyle; Inside isolation improves breaststroke and butterfly
- HEIGHTENS STROKE AWARENESS Convex design brings awareness to sweep tendencies prior to catch
Specifically designed for freestyle training, the Freestyler Hand Paddles plane the hand forward through the water, improving reach and distance-per-stroke. With a long fin shape and unique skeg design, the Freestyler Hand Paddles promote a strong pull through, better hip-rotation and increased efficiency. An adjustable finger strap offers a perfect fit and the narrow surface area helps prevent shoulder strain
- IMPROVED SWIM TECHNIQUE Improves body position by streamlining hand entry and eliminating crossover; Designed specifically for freestyle training
- INCREASES STRENGTH Provides added resistance in order to build muscle
- HYDRODYNAMIC DESIGN Surfboard shape decreases resistance through the water and planes the hand forward, lengthening each stroke
- INSTANT FEEDBACK Patented skeg on the bottom of the paddle provides immediate stroke feedback, streamlining and straightening hand entry
- REDUCES SHOULDER STRESS Prevents hand entry crossover that causes shoulder injury
The Forearm Fulcrums develop an early vertical forearm (EVF) position and increase stroke efficiency. An EVF position utilizes the entire forearm during the pull, from fingertips to elbow. The Forearm Fulcrums promote stroke refinement through muscle memory of proper hand, wrist and forearm position. The Forearm Fulcrums improve efficiency and maintain a strong, uninterrupted pull from the beginning of the stroke to the end. The Forearm Fulcrums are a versatile tool for all four swim strokes.
- PROPER FOREARM POSITION Promotes Early Vertical Forearm (EVF) catch that helps pull the water through each stroke; Calls for a high catch by lifting the elbow
- PERFECT FOR TRAINING SESSIONS Specifically designed for stroke refinement and technique work
- MULTIPLE STROKE TYPES Improves hand positioning for butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke, and freestyle
- FIGURE-8 DESIGN Connects forearm and hand into a single surface by not allowing wrist to bend
- HELPS PREVENT PAIN Develops correct stroke muscle memory and prevents shoulder stress
The Bolster paddles develop an early vertical forearm (EVF) position and increase stroke efficiency. An EVF position utilizes the entire forearm during the pull, creating uniform application of force from fingertips to elbow. This creates and sustains longer peak velocity through the power phase of the stroke pull. At the same time it grooves neural pathways for stroke specific strength. Correct stroke refinement is promoted through muscle memory of proper hand, wrist and forearm position. The Bolster paddles are a versatile tool for all four swim strokes.
- PROPER TECHNIQUE TRAINING Promotes an early vertical forearm (EVF) position and increases stroke efficiency
- INCREASES SWIM SPEED Creates and sustains longer peak velocity through the power phase of the stroke pull
- COMFORTABLE AND SECURE Easy-to-adjust velcro strap comfortably holds wrist in place
- CALLS FOR A HIGH CATCH Swim stroke trainer lifts the elbow, ideal for open water and triathlon training
- HELPS VARIOUS STROKES Versatile tool for butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke and freestyle
Now that you've read about each paddle, see this handy table to compare them all together. and then go and grab yourself a pair.